Today is a lovely day, in more days than one, and it gives me great pleasure to announce three things.
1. The true measure of a blog advertising network lies not only in membership, but the level in which they can monetize their publisher’s inventory. As of such, we have taken the lead – Advertlets is now officially the first Asian-grown blog ad network to run regional ads. This is a big step for us, and a very significant service offering for our publishers and advertisers.
A regional ad campaign for recruitment portal Recruit.net, is now running in the following countries: Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand. This is the first of many more regional campaigns to come. The campaign is now running on all our blogs with traffic from those regions, with a daily priority for blogs that exclusively serve Advertlets ads. More on exclusivity later in this post.
Although our membership is currently open to Malaysia and Singapore bloggers, blog readers are international – and, we have a significant amount of visits from all around the region. Thanks to the diversity and strength of the Advertlets network, we can now not only sell targeted campaigns for Malaysia & Singapore, but also for the rest of our traffic. To give you an idea of how big the extended network of Advertlets is now – we reach a total of more than 150,000 unique users a day for Malaysia, 60,000 unique users a day for Singapore…and surprise, 35,000 unique users a day for China alone. Amazing, isn’t it?
2. And, exclusivity. We have been representing ad sales for a select number of blogs exclusively for a while now, including blogs which get more than 15,000 unique visitors a day to those that get slightly above 100. What these blogs have in common though, is that they have quality, compelling content, loyal visitors and great ad placements. The value that we can offer is better monetization of their ad inventory. Our salesmanship and confirmed media bookings have now ensured that we can offer consistent ads, higher CPM rates, and larger campaigns. We now have ads confirmed for the next 3 months in advance, and we would love for you to be part of an exclusive group that will allow you to have less clutter on your blog, and better earnings.
We are now happy to open up this program to more of our bloggers to enjoy a better blog advertising experience, and are happy to announce the Advertlets Titan program. Over the next few days, we will be revealing more about the program.
3. And of course, we have gotten good feedback on our limited beta test, and are happy to announce that Advertlets 2.0 will launch on the 9th of March 2008 (our first anniversary), together with some exciting new features, including referrals, social features and earning charts. Over the next few days, our lead programmer will be talking more about the new features as well as taking your feedback on design, improvements and functions.
Actually, one more.
4. Lastly, this one means the most to me in terms of significance. One of the greatest achievements and treasures that I have in the past few years is: having found two people that I can trust as friends, and work with as business partners. Most people will tell you that combination is practically impossible to find. As we all previously had our own ventures, I personally have mostly been responsible for the day-to-day management of Advertlets, with my partners offering support to a limited extent due to their schedules. However, given that the scale of our operations is growing, they will be coming in full time and play a more important role in Advertlets operations. More on them will be announced in their own official posts to this blog!
This is the start of many other successes to come, and we look forward to sharing more good news with you in the next few days! Thank you again, for making us what we are today. We will continue to kick ass and serve ads, and put the b.l.i.n.g in b.l.o.g.g.i.n.g!
Arigato and G’day! Just a post right after our network wide CPM ads for all for Singapore, We’re pretty happy to announce the following…
- Network wide CPM ads for traffic from Japan (1 week) 165×240 Sidebar
- Network wide CPM ads for traffic from Australia (1 month) 468×60 Banner
Network wide ads for a country means no matter where you are based physically, you will earn from blog visitors for that country. As most of you might realize, the internet is global – and while your blog may appeal to mostly those in your home country, foreign visitors will be interested as well. Aggregated throughout all our blogs, currently we do have a significant amount of Japan and Australia web traffic, but we are looking to increase this further.
Those that will benefit the most from this campaign will be those who get a mix of traffic from these two countries, and also from the two countries we are most active in currently – Malaysia and Singapore. What kind of blogs would get this kind of mixed traffic?
From our observations, we would recommend the following type of blogs join:
- Blogs from enthusiasts of J-Pop, Japanese Movies and Anime Blogs
- Blogs of students studying in Australia. (A lot of Malaysian students go to Australia to study apparently)
- English language blogs on topics relevant to Japanese/Australian social life and culture
Campaigns will start in less than a week from now. So, do encourage a friend who you feel will fit the criteria to join. Do make sure that you have the 165×240 Sidebar and 468×60 Banner installed. Cheers!