It’s on! We are hereby, proud to announce the launch of the Advertlets Titan widget. Advertlets now offers our exclusive Advertlets Titan members not just more bling – but also recognition and an audience.
Here are some screenshots of the Advertlets Titan Widget in action:
This image shows the widget running on davidlai.tv, showing content relevant to Malaysian bloggers. In the widget, you can click the tabs for more items, or any of the items inside the widget to see a sliding page with more details.
And of course, different colours for the girls! This image shows the widget running on feliciasrainbow, showing content relevant to Singaporean bloggers.
A Quick Q&A on the Advertlets Titan widget…
How will I place the widget on my blog?
The widget runs rotated across the Advertlets network in our Advertlets Ad Unit and for longer/fixed durations on Partner Blogs. We are planning to release a standalone version of the code very soon for those who wish the widget to run permanently on their blog.
What kind of content will run on the widget?
The widget will mostly feature Advertlets bloggers, but will also incorporate news on Advertlets Events, post event pics, gatherings, fun happenings, contest and more. In addition, sponsors can also have their content included in the widget as well!
What are future new features planned for the widget?
Future features include the ability to show more blogs and match blogs more specifically to viewer’s interest, as well as more ways to discover relevant new blogs. It’s going to be very interesting and we are planning for a rollout of even more features in weeks.
How do I get featured? What is the criteria?
Just write to us at email@example.com with the subject “I wanna get it ON!”. Tell us why you should be featured, and we will set you up to be shown to thousands (maybe millions!).
Got some interesting posts you want more of an audience for? To get an idea…maybe you and your friends are going to perform in concert, or start a workout program, or you’re representing Malaysia internationally to compete in a pageant in a foreign country, or maybe you’ve launched a very nice new “hemsem” blog layout, or are running a contest of your own, or maybe you’ve written something really funny and original, or you’ve got exclusive coverage and great pics of a recent happening, or a project to raise funds for charity…anything different and anything interesting!
Blogger applications for being featured will be processed based on relevance and interestingness of blogs submitted, quality & originality of content, as well as the duration of your Advertlets Titan membership.
How much traffic can I expect to generate if I am featured?
As this is also based on how interesting your content/headline/image is, the results can vary due to visitor interest in clicking. However, a 25% to 200% increase per day (yes, really!) is not uncommon based on our short beta test so far.
Apply to be an Advertlets Titan now to enjoy better earnings and increased traffic, or if you already are – write to us for a chance to get featured! firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to getting it ON with you and your blog
T.I.T.A.N – This Is The Advertlets Network.
Today is a lovely day, in more days than one, and it gives me great pleasure to announce three things.
1. The true measure of a blog advertising network lies not only in membership, but the level in which they can monetize their publisher’s inventory. As of such, we have taken the lead – Advertlets is now officially the first Asian-grown blog ad network to run regional ads. This is a big step for us, and a very significant service offering for our publishers and advertisers.
A regional ad campaign for recruitment portal Recruit.net, is now running in the following countries: Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand. This is the first of many more regional campaigns to come. The campaign is now running on all our blogs with traffic from those regions, with a daily priority for blogs that exclusively serve Advertlets ads. More on exclusivity later in this post.
Although our membership is currently open to Malaysia and Singapore bloggers, blog readers are international – and, we have a significant amount of visits from all around the region. Thanks to the diversity and strength of the Advertlets network, we can now not only sell targeted campaigns for Malaysia & Singapore, but also for the rest of our traffic. To give you an idea of how big the extended network of Advertlets is now – we reach a total of more than 150,000 unique users a day for Malaysia, 60,000 unique users a day for Singapore…and surprise, 35,000 unique users a day for China alone. Amazing, isn’t it?
2. And, exclusivity. We have been representing ad sales for a select number of blogs exclusively for a while now, including blogs which get more than 15,000 unique visitors a day to those that get slightly above 100. What these blogs have in common though, is that they have quality, compelling content, loyal visitors and great ad placements. The value that we can offer is better monetization of their ad inventory. Our salesmanship and confirmed media bookings have now ensured that we can offer consistent ads, higher CPM rates, and larger campaigns. We now have ads confirmed for the next 3 months in advance, and we would love for you to be part of an exclusive group that will allow you to have less clutter on your blog, and better earnings.
We are now happy to open up this program to more of our bloggers to enjoy a better blog advertising experience, and are happy to announce the Advertlets Titan program. Over the next few days, we will be revealing more about the program.
3. And of course, we have gotten good feedback on our limited beta test, and are happy to announce that Advertlets 2.0 will launch on the 9th of March 2008 (our first anniversary), together with some exciting new features, including referrals, social features and earning charts. Over the next few days, our lead programmer will be talking more about the new features as well as taking your feedback on design, improvements and functions.
Actually, one more.
4. Lastly, this one means the most to me in terms of significance. One of the greatest achievements and treasures that I have in the past few years is: having found two people that I can trust as friends, and work with as business partners. Most people will tell you that combination is practically impossible to find. As we all previously had our own ventures, I personally have mostly been responsible for the day-to-day management of Advertlets, with my partners offering support to a limited extent due to their schedules. However, given that the scale of our operations is growing, they will be coming in full time and play a more important role in Advertlets operations. More on them will be announced in their own official posts to this blog!
This is the start of many other successes to come, and we look forward to sharing more good news with you in the next few days! Thank you again, for making us what we are today. We will continue to kick ass and serve ads, and put the b.l.i.n.g in b.l.o.g.g.i.n.g!
Happy Valentine’s Day! We hope most of you have plans tonight. Anyway, yesterday we asked 3 questions to our bloggers, as part of a mini-contest. Tonight the first 8 who got the answers correct will win, and some big things will be announced.
The answers to those 3 questions will be revealed tonight, together with some big announcements. This will definitely be exciting news for all Advertlets publishers, and represents a very significant development in the future of Advertlets in the Asian blog advertising market.
Also: A few of you have expressed concerns regarding increased loading time of Advertlets ads as of late. The short answer is that we’re serving more ads, and hence, need to upgrade our capacity further.
Some of our users might already be aware that Advertlets is currently advertising in a few other countries other than Malaysia & Singapore. Most of the countries are in the Asian region. (Yes, you’re earning from international traffic now, more details soon!)
However, for some strange, strange, reason, a lot of people are searching for “Hong Kong celebrities” these few days. There has been a ridiculous spike in traffic from visitors from the Asian blogosphere, for a reason that we did not forsee (and one that Edison Chen knows very well…).
While increased traffic is cool, it does puts a significant bandwidth load on our servers, and we are taking steps to accelerate our planned upgrades. As of last week we upgraded our bandwidth for Singapore, and it looks like we will have to make more bandwidth upgrades for Asian traffic sooner than we thought.
Ad loading time will be improved over this weekend as we modify our database structure and make upgrades. Stay tuned later tonight for a few big announcements. Or you could always check us out after you come back from your date tonight. Love ya!
All systems go! As promised, we are bringing lots of new things. Here’s an exhaustive list:
New Ad Format: 728×90 Leaderboard & New Ads
We’ve launched a new ad format! This new ad format will allow us to deliver better earnings to bloggers and more prominence for advertisers. Quite a few blogs are already sporting this new ad format, including Thiang, ShoppingNsales, Naomi Tham, Syokkahwin Blog and more!
Malaysian visitors will see various special deals from Mystyle (including G2000, Delifrance, Giordano, Royal Sporting House, GNC and more), and Singaporean visitors will see the CJ7 Pinball Challenge contest ad. In addition, we have another new campaign from for their Chinese New Year promo in our other formats. More ads will be launched over the weekend!
New Team Advertlets Members: Daniel Tan & Kim Ong
We’re happy to announce that Daniel Tan will be joining us more extensively in our operations as our newly appointed Marketing Director. Last year, he was instrumental in bringing in campaigns such as StarCeleb and Mystyle. Read his blog “Daniel Tan & Friends” to find out why he was so busy last year (including a knee injury, and shooting a movie with Fann Wong…).
Now that Daniel is back on his feet, so to speak, he will be assisting us even more in getting more new campaigns for our Advertlets Bloggers! Thanks to his involvement in showbiz and entertainment, he brings in valuable contacts and relationships into Advertlets. Write to him at email@example.com if you’ll like details on starting your exciting new campaigns with Advertlets!
Kim Ong, Bloggerina Extraodinare and Advertlets Exclusive member (and all round classy & charming chick) will be joining us as well to assist in blogger relations. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your Advertlets code, earnings, campaigns or anything else! She’ll be posting here herself soon with more interesting details.
Advertlets 2.0 Beta Test Invitation
A few of you are already on the Advertlets 2.0 beta test team, and we’ll like more feedback from more of our members. E-mail us at email@example.com if you’ll like to be included in the beta test as well. Its a total revamp of the previous interface, with lots of great new things: some of the exciting new features include social features, earning graphs, trend monitoring, pie charts, and a multi-tabbed access interface.
Increased Earnings & 10-20% Compensation Payout for DNS issue
Most of you would have noticed an increase in your earnings over the past few days due to the new ad campaigns we are running. Additionally, as compensation for the recent downtime, you will earn an additional 10-20% extra on top of all legit earnings for the month of January. The amount will be calculated at the end of January, and credited within the first week of February. Members who have been with Advertlets longer will get reimbursed to the higher ratio of 20%. To make sure you earn optimally, make sure that you install at least 2-3 Advertlets Ad units on your blog! We recommend you install them in the following order of priority: 728×90, 165×240, 336×280, 468×60 and 180×150. Remember, you can only have a maximum of 4 ad units per page, so we recommend installing the larger formats to earn optimally.
PS: Advertlets is announcing new earning structures for loyal members. Have you been with Advertlets for 3-6 months or more? Do drop us an e-mail for details.
Nov 07 Cheques Sent!
A few of you have already received it, but just so all of you know that the November 07 Cheques have already been processed and sent, and should reach you within 1-2 weeks depending on where you are located.
Contests January 2008
There are quite a few contests running this month, a whopping total of SEVEN in fact!
- CJ7 Contest Malaysia: Write a post and win limited edition prizes! Stephen Chow Figurine, CJ7 Key Chain, CJ7 Notebook)
- CJ7 Contest Singapore: Take part in the CJ7 Pinball Challenge, and stand the chance to win 777 new visits to your blog, as well as limited edition CJ7 T-shirts!
More details at: http://www.advertlets.com/CJ7
- CNY Special CJ7 Competition: Prizes include Stephen Chow Figurine, T-Shirts, Baby Tees, Caps, Tote Bags, Keychains
(Please note that this is a seperate contest from the CJ7/Advertlets one above)
- CNY Special Kung Fu Dunk Competiton: Win Kung Fu Dunk T-Shirts, Ang Pow Packet & Playing Cards!
- Music Competition: Win albums from Colbie Caillat, Alicia Keys, Kat De Luna, Nicole Scherzinger, Melissa Indot, Backstreet
Boys & One Republic!
- Fashion Competition: Win a hair makeover from Raymond Choon and Revlon Renewist Lipcolor!
- Wellness Competition: Win Nura Products (Age Defiance Oil, Energy Attractor) and Revlon Lipcolor!
Details on how to participate in the Faces+Advertlets E-Freebies Jan 2008 Contest will be announced on next Monday
And More Coming Soon To This Blog…
- Announcement of November 2007 Advertlets+Faces E-Freebies winners
- Introducing Daniel Tan
- Introducing Kim Ong
- Which ex-Advertlets intern is now competing in Cornetto Love Perhaps Season 2?
- New campaign for Singaporean Mummy Bloggers!
- Advertlets Miri Gathering Photo & Video Roundup!
- Advertlets Does Its Part To Fight World Hunger
- More sponsored post opportunities!
Stay tuned Advertlets Year 2 has only just begun!